Whiteman Osterman & Hanna is regularly involved in complex business matters within a wide variety of industries and markets. Our Business, Corporate and Commercial Group provides unrivaled depth and quality across the legal disciplines required in corporate and transactional matters.
Our attorneys represent clients in sophisticated mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and strategic alliances, securities and private equity transactions, financings, debt restructurings and other commercial transactions. We also handle an array of general corporate matters, including SEC and regulatory compliance, corporate governance practices, executive benefits and compensations plans, proxy solicitations, new business ventures, and technology and trademark licensing.
Utilizing Whiteman Osterman & Hanna’s “multidisciplinary approach,” we form client teams that integrate lawyers across practice areas to achieve the best results in the most efficient manner. Our corporate lawyers collaborate on a day-to-day basis with many of the Firm’s other practices, including the tax, environmental, labor and employment, intellectual property, immigration, international, commercial real estate, litigation, insurance and regulatory practices. By working closely with lawyers in each of these areas, we offer an unparalleled capacity to counsel clients facing a variety of intricate and multifaceted issues.
Whiteman Osterman & Hanna’s Business, Corporate and Commercial Practice includes extensive work in the following areas:
- Corporate Governance including: Corporate governance and compliance matters and programs for for-profit and not-for-profit corporations.
- Mergers and Acquisitions including: Evaluation of purchase and sale proposals; due diligence investigations; drafting and negotiation of letters of intent; structure and negotiate components of transaction and related documents; regulatory analysis and compliance; takeover strategies and defensive options; and minority shareholder strategies.
- Securities Regulation including: Counsel to issuers and underwriters in debt and equity transactions and general compliance advice for small and large business filers.
- Corporate Finance including: Commercial bank financing; government guaranteed loan programs; issuance of debt and equity securities; venture capital and private equity transactions; and project-based finance.
- Commercial Matters including: Strategic alliance and joint venture agreements; licensing agreements; distribution agreements; sales agency agreements; and domestic and international contract and commercial issues and documents.
- Business Formation including: Formation of corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships and business trusts; and negotiation and preparation of related documents.