Whiteman Osterman & Hanna’s focus on matters at the intersection of the private and public sectors has led to the natural development of a vibrant practice of advising and assisting commercial enterprises and public entities through the state and municipal procurement processes.
Based in Albany, New York, the Firm has represented commercial enterprises in a wide range of commodity and service procurements, including telecommunications, information technology, industrial supplies, food commodities, and environmental and financial services.
Our attorneys have also acted as special counsel to state agencies, state authorities and municipalities in the development of procurement polices and practices, interpretation and application of relevant statutory provisions, responsibility determinations and the review of disputed procurements.
The Firm’s Government Contracts Practice core competencies include:
- A thorough understanding of the statutory and legal basis for, and limitations on, state and municipal procurements.
- Guidance on the ethical considerations regarding procurement activities including restriction on contacts.
- Negotiation of state and municipal contracts.
- Representation in disputed procurements at each step of the review process including agency review, the Office of the State Comptroller review and in the courts.
- An awareness of the role larger policy considerations play in the procurement process.
Members of the Government Contracts Practice Group have served in State government in a variety of capacities and, as recognized experts in procurement, they frequently present on the New York State procurement process.