Whiteman Osterman & Hanna LLP recognizes that insurance coverage is an essential risk management tool for businesses, public entities, not-for-profits and individuals.
Based in Albany, New York, our attorneys advise and represent policyholders with respect to a broad range of risks covered by insurance, including environmental and toxic torts liability, directors and officers liability, products liability, construction liability, property damage, disability, educators’ liability, professional liability, errors and omissions liability and employee dishonesty losses.
Whiteman Osterman & Hanna has considerable experience pursuing insurance coverage claims on behalf of insureds in the public and private sectors, including:
- Reconstructing insurance coverage history to maximize coverage for delayed-manifestation claims, such as environmental contamination and asbestos claims;
- Negotiating settlements of complex, multi-party coverage disputes, involving multiple coverage years, multiple layers of insurance and multiple potentially applicable legal regimes; and
- Advocating for insureds in litigation in federal and State courts and alternative dispute resolution settings.
Insurance Procurement Clauses:
The Firm provides advice and representation with respect to insurance aspects of domestic and international commercial agreements, leases, easements, licenses, mergers and acquisitions.
Our attorneys provide advice and advocacy in connection with group self-insurance, including:
- Organization of group self-insurance vehicles;
- Drafting and negotiation of coverage documents;
- Drafting and negotiation of agreements for provision of administrative and other services; and
- Litigation on behalf of group self-insurance organizations.
Services for Insurance Professionals:
The Firm represents insurance professionals in a variety of matters, including:
- Organization and licensing of insurance agencies;
- Drafting and negotiation of agreements for services; and
- Advocacy in litigated, arbitrated and mediated disputes.
Alternative Dispute Resolution:
The Firm further offers neutrals with expertise in the field of insurance coverage to assist with the resolution of disputes through mediation and arbitration.