Dan Hubbell joined Whiteman Osterman & Hanna LLP in September 2014. Mr. Hubbell primarily represents public, not-for-profit, and private entities in real estate, land use, development, and real property taxation matters, with an emphasis on acquisition, financing, development, leasing, and disposition of commercial and corporate real property, including the preparation and negotiations of all transactional documents. Additionally, Mr. Hubbell provides guidance to public and private entities concerning real property tax assessments, exemptions and payment in lieu of taxes agreements. Prior to practicing law, Mr. Hubbell worked as a commercial real estate appraiser, performing complex appraisal assignments on various property types.
- Represented multiple private entities in the acquisition, financing, development and leasing of retail, office, industrial and multi-family residential properties.
- Represented multiple not-for-profit and religious corporations in the acquisition, financing, development and disposition of corporate real property, including applications to the New York State Attorney General or Supreme Court for approval of such transactions.
- Represented developers of residential condominium and homeowners’ association projects in preparing and filing offering plans with the New York State Attorney General.
- Co-counsel to local development authority, advising on all economic development issues, including development, construction, financing, payment in lieu of tax and other agreements.
- Represented public housing authority in a public-private RAD (Rental Assistance Demonstration) conversion of the authority’s entire real estate portfolio.
- Commenced and negotiated the settlement of multiple tax certiorari proceedings relating to various property types, including retail centers, office buildings, multi-family apartment complexes, industrial buildings, hydro-electric facilities, lumber mills, farms and agricultural lands, and residences.
Mr. Hubbell is a member of the New York State Bar and a New York State Certified General Real Estate Appraiser. He is a Practicing Affiliate of the Appraisal Institute and a past board member of the Mid-Hudson Chapter of the Appraisal Institute. Mr. Hubbell serves on the Board of Directors of Hudson River Housing and is a past president of the organization.
Mr. Hubbell graduated magna cum laude from Albany Law School, where he was a member of the Albany Law Review. While in law school, Mr. Hubbell was a legal intern in the Criminal Prosecutions and Public Integrity Bureaus of the New York State Office of the Attorney General, as well as a summer associate with Whiteman Osterman & Hanna LLP. Mr. Hubbell also holds a Master of Science degree in Non-Profit/NGO Leadership from the University of Pennsylvania. During his time at the University of Pennsylvania, Mr. Hubbell interned as a grants officer with the Wachovia Regional Foundation and served as a consultant to the United Nations Office of Human Resources Management. Prior to graduate school, Mr. Hubbell worked in the non-profit sector, founding and leading a local education non-profit in south-central Pennsylvania. Mr. Hubbell received his Bachelors of Arts from the University of Valley Forge, graduating magna cum laude.