Non-Legal Job Openings
Thank you for your interest in this position!
To apply, please save your cover letter and resume together in ONE document as an Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) file, then complete the application and upload your document using the form below.
Since its founding in 1975, Whiteman Osterman & Hanna LLP has grown to become the largest, and one of the most well-respected law firms in the Capital Region. We have a diverse practice that goes beyond the conventional, fostering new ideas and approaches.
We are currently seeking an Assistant Billing Specialist to work in our busy Accounting department.
Under the supervision of the Billing Manager you will assist with the production of client legal bills and with the billing process including but not limited to:
- Production, editing and scanning of approved prebills
- Modification and finalization of final bills
- Including monitoring write-offs and other adjustments on WIPs and bills
- Assist in timely reconciliation of discrepancies regarding clients billing.
- Assist in month-end closing
- Receiving client payments either in person or over the phone
Skills Needed for Success:
- Strong knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite
- High emphasis on Excel
- Experience with legal accounting software (Surepoint preferred)
- High attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate with all levels (including attorneys) as a team player
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or an Associate’s degree in accounting with 1-2 years of relevant experience
Why Whiteman Osterman & Hanna LLP?:
- A generous benefit offering package including:
- 401(k) with company match and profit-sharing options
- Generous time off package
- Corporate discounts to various businesses
- Opportunities to support and be active in the community
- And more!
In addition to Whiteman Osterman & Hanna’s depth of legal knowledge, we are dedicated to creating a positive and rewarding work environment for all employees – attorneys and staff alike. Our focus has always been to make our Firm, family-friendly. No matter the position at the Firm, Whiteman Osterman & Hanna treats everyone as colleagues rather than subordinates. We hold many events for our employees and their families and have activities in the office throughout the year to help make the work environment more enjoyable.
If this sounds like the right opportunity, we invite you to apply to join our team! For immediate consideration, e-mail resume and writing sample to email@example.com, fax resume to (518) 487-7685, or mail to HR Director, Whiteman Osterman & Hanna LLP, One Commerce Plaza, Albany, NY 12260. Visit our web site at www.woh.com
Compensation Range: $21.63 - $24.04 per hour
Whiteman Osterman & Hanna LLP is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals, and in which employment decisions are merit-based and made without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, gender or sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, pregnancy, protected activity, veteran status, marital status, citizenship, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, or any other characteristic protected by law.