John J. Henry
John J. Henry
John J. Henry is a Co-Managing Partner of Whiteman Osterman & Hanna and a member of the Firm's Litigation and Appeals, and Intellectual Property and Technology Transfer Practice Groups. His areas of expertise include commercial, administrative, environmental and employment litigation. Mr. Henry was an associate at the Firm since 1994, before becoming a partner in 2003. Prior to joining the Firm, Mr. Henry was an appellate court attorney with the New York State Supreme Court, Appellate Division, Third Department.
- Represented numerous clients, ranging from FORTUNE 500 companies to small businesses in a broad spectrum of litigation matters at the trial and appellate levels in both state and federal courts.
- Successfully handled litigation involving a group of hospitals claiming entitlement to distribution of over $100 million in funds held by the Department of Health. The litigation involved four reported decisions from three of the Appellate Divisions in New York.
- Represented a client in the successful defense of litigation involving claims by an energy performance contractor for approximately $1.9 million in payments, including acting as lead counsel for the successful jury trial.
- Successfully defended litigation brought to challenge land use approvals granted for an approximately 280 megawatt wind energy facility in northern New York.
- Represented client in successful defense of employment discrimination claims, including successful defense of employee’s appeal in the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit.
Represented property developer in successful challenge to a municipality’s zoning ordinance on grounds of State law preemption under New York State Constitution.
Mr. Henry is a member of the New York State Bar Association and is admitted to practice in the State of New York, as well as in the United States District Courts for all districts in New York. Mr. Henry is a member of the honorary board of the Albany Boys and Girls Club and was formally Vice President of its board of directors.
Mr. Henry graduated, magna cum laude, from Western New England College School of Law, where he was an editor of the Western New England Law Review, and has a Bachelor of Arts degree from Siena College.