In today’s highly competitive economy, information is critical to our clients’ success. We bring a cross-disciplinary approach to help clients acquire, use and protect critical information assets.
Our litigation, corporate and regulatory attorneys provide advice to clients in a wide variety of industries where privacy, cybersecurity and information management are critical business concerns, including health care, education, finance, mobile applications, managed services, and information technology. Services we offer include:
- Drafting and implementing privacy, cybersecurity, document retention, social media, acceptable use, background checking, workplace monitoring and related policies;
- Advice on compliance with legal and regulatory requirements under state, federal and international laws, including the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Canadian Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA), among many others;
- Drafting privacy and cybersecurity contractual provisions in commercial agreements;
- Drafting business associate agreements (BAAs);
- Conducting privacy and cybersecurity assessments;
- Conducting risk assessments in mergers & acquisitions, as well as general commercial transactions;
- Litigation involving data breach, theft of confidential information and trade secrets, and defamation;
- Advising on copyright and trademark issues;
- Advising on issues relating to the Electronic Communications Privacy Act (ECPA) and Stored Communications Act (SCA);
- Advising on cyber insurance coverage and claim issues;
- Advising on website legal issues, including those arising under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA); and
- Responding to cyber attacks.
Privacy, cybersecurity and information management are quickly evolving fields. We closely follow current developments and emerging trends so that we are prepared to offer clients timely and cost-effective advice.
Our privacy, cybersecurity and information management practice is led by Chris Meyer, who is certified by the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) as an Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/US) and Information Privacy Manager (CIPM).